Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vinegar...for dessert

I am not a huge fan of chocolate. In fact, there are only two things chocolate that I can think of that I would actually ever choose above something fruity or sugary: Lindor Truffles and The Plush Horse's Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream.

That being said, I like big flavors and I really like when they punch me in the mouth (citrus, vinegar, garlic, dill, etc.). I'm going to prop that incredible place, The Olive Cart in South Haven, Michigan again... Look, if you can find another place that has the same quality of products as they have (no flavorings or extracts, infusions with the real things) that is priced similarly and ships products, I'll try them. Until then...I will continue to tell you what you're missing out on. I just love them.

They have all kinds of flavors and one day when I was there, he suggested pouring the Chocolate Sensation Balsamic (which I currently don't see listed on the website but know they have in the store) over some fresh strawberries. As I said before, I'm not a fan of chocolate but I tried it - it was incredible!!! I think this is his go-to suggestion for people because it's such a recognizable flavor combination. I'm only talking about the vinegar now but trust me, it's all good...

I got excited and inspired and bought several different kinds of balsamic; I picked out a Peach White Balsamic (which I've poured over grilled peaches and vanilla ice cream as well as over fruit salads), and Espresso Bean Balsamic (again, desserts but also on meats; it has such an earth and deep flavor - I really got this one for Bill who loves coffee). They were both WOW-explosions of flavor. Next I tried the Harbor Tangerine (incredible as a salad dressing or in marinades - I've gone back and stocked up with the larger size on this one now). The last one we tried is what brings us to this post: Strawberry Fields Balsamic. I could go on about the different levels of flavor in each of these but unless you try it, it won't matter, it's too unique.

This is what we're making today:

That's right, the ice cream alone is heavenly but all together...it's a vacation in a bowl!

Just in case you didn't believe me...

Just in case you need to see the ice cream flavor bigger...
Oh my gosh, I want to lick this picture.

It looks like chocolate syrup, right? It's not...it is SO MUCH BETTER than that...

Aaaaannnndd...DIG IN!!!
Do I really need to give you instructions on how to make this?


I didn't think so...

No comments:

Post a Comment