Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Worst Boss You Can Have is a Bad Habit...

The family and I saw a quote on a church marquee yesterday on our bike ride. I don't know if I remember it exactly, but it was something along the lines of: The worst boss you can have is a bad habit. 

The kids were talking about how much they liked the sound of that and I agreed. I also stated that I like the concept of replacing a bad habit with a good habit - that way, when you have the urge to do the bad thing, you can do some part of the new, good, habit. 




I hate working out in the house - it makes me feel icky and that's not the way to get into a habit. I don't mind it always but the way life moves sometimes, when I lie down to do my Pilates, I can fall asleep (this has happened more than once). When I'm in nature (cycling, hiking, eventually - I hope - running) I have so much stimulus (visually and sound) that I don't always feel like I'm working out...except for the aches I feel.

My new habit is taking care of my body and feeling good about myself. I'm glad I'm trying to set this new habit now, while the weather is nice, so as it turns colder I can find new ways to work it into my life.

So, to mash as many quote concepts in a sentence as I possibly can:

Because today is the first day of the rest of my life, I am committing to quit that horrible boss, Mr. Bad-Habit and replace it with a good one...oh, you catch more flies with sugar and there's no I in team.

No comments:

Post a Comment