Monday, July 29, 2013

Pineapple, Mango Smoothie

The core of this smoothie is pineapple and mango but I also threw in some cranberries (because they are my favorite addition to smoothies), peaches (because they were there) and spinach (because it shouldn't just be fruit)...and almond milk.

For, maybe, 3 1/2 adult servings (I split mine between two adults and four children):
2 1/2 Cups, almond milk
1/2 of a fresh pineapple, with natural juices
1 - 1 1/2 Cups, frozen mango
1/2 Cup frozen cranberries
2 Cups frozen peach slices
3/4 Cup frozen chopped spinach

Add it all to the blender and allow to process through the frozen sorbet stage and become fully liquid. I usual walk away, once all the ingredients are blending, for at least 5 minutes - sometimes longer (I suppose this depends on what type of blender you have).

I use a Ninja blender and I love it! I'm sure if I had a blendtec or  vitamix, I'd love that, too. I can't afford those so I got the best I could in my price range.

No comments:

Post a Comment