Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Breakfast Scramble

I'm an egg eater. I also prefer something a little salty, rather than sweet, to start my day. This is a fabulous breakfast, quick to throw together and it will stick with you / keep you full for several hours.

I purchase frozen veggies in bulk, whenever they go on sale, and sometimes what's on sale is chopped broccoli. It's not my favorite to serve the family because as I thaw it in the sink, I feel like I loose half of it but in smoothies and dishes like this one, I love it! Also, use whatever mushrooms you have or use - I try to use up what I have; this morning, I had button mushrooms.

Also, if you're like my husband, you can take this on the go - throw in a few tortillas and top with salsa...delicious!

Breakfast Scramble
Serves 1-2

4 Button Mushrooms (tops and stems), sliced
2 Tbls Butter or Ghee
1/2 C Frozen, Chopped Broccoli
2 Eggs
S&P to taste
Sprinkle of Cheese (Parmesan, Cojita, Colby Jack, etc.)

In a pan, saute sliced mushrooms in butter until soft (about 2 minutes).
Add in broccoli (still frozen is fine) and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
Add eggs, S&P and break yolks; icorporate throughout ingredients (scramble) - cook through.
Top with cheese of choice and either scramble further or plate.

Taking it on the go? Grab a few tortillas and some salsa...
While my lighting leaves something to be desired, this dish does not...

No comments:

Post a Comment