Monday, April 9, 2012

Turkey Salad Sandwich...

I don't particularly care for turkey but it seems I am a small minority in the world. Sometimes, after holiday's and getting leftovers packaged up for me, the world tells me to get over it! I brought home a container of Turkey and other than tell my kids to nibble on it, I decided to make nice...

Turkey Salad

Ingredients:
Shredded Turkey (2 cups)
Diced Apple - 1/2 inch (1 medium apple)
Shredded Carrot (1 carrot)
Dried Cranberries (2 handfuls)
Chopped Celery (1/2 cup)
Apple Cider Vinegar (2 Tablespoons)
Dijon Mustard (1/2 cup)
Mayonnaise  (1/2 cup)

Mix together the turkey, apple, carrots, cranberries and celery.
Toss with apple cider vinegar
Add dijon mustard and mayonnaise and fold until completely incorporated

Bill took it to work today with Romaine Lettuce leaves (instead of bread)
I served it on small dinner rolls with a little Merkt's Cheese Spread (although it was delicious without anything extra).

After today, perhaps we can be friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment