Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pineapple Watermelon & Lime Smoothie

When I'm creating smoothies, I really should think them out and plan them better but mostly, I just toss a bunch of stuff in the bender and hope for the best. After all, they all have a fruit base to them...

It's that time of year when we have a plethora of fresh fruits and veggies available to us and I am taking full advantage of that! This baby has a lot of vitamins in it and it tastes delicious! I am out of frozen spinach and we had some leftover broccoli last night so I threw that in, too. I don't really like to make my smoothies without some green veggies or sometimes purple cabbage - they add a little taste (not compared to all those fruits though) and a lot of healthy benefits. It's a great way to incorporate them into your diet a little more...

One more note, I add all sorts of supplements that add something if you've got them but aren't necessary. It adds more minerals and phytonutrients, I"m not in full comprehension on these other than that they are the concentrated good stuff in all the fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds. We know they're really good for us to incorporate but aren't always conscious of our intake or their effects. If you want more information, a simple explanation can be found here. Today, I've added Liquid Chlorophyll. I know it's best for your body to take in these supplements once or twice a week so I usually pick one and add it to a smoothie each day.


A much prettier picture than yesterday -
thank you, sun!
Pineapple Watermelon & Lime Smoothie
Pineapple Watermelon & Lime Smoothie
Serves 3


  • 1/2 fresh Pineapple, chunks (and juice)
  • 2 Cups fresh Watermelon, chunks
  • 2 Pints / 2 Cups fresh Blueberries
  • 1/2 Cup Frozen Cranberries
  • Juice of 2 Limes
  • 2 Cups Broccoli 
  • 1 Tbls. Liquid Chlorophyll 

Add all ingredients into blender pitcher and blend until fully incorporated.


No comments:

Post a Comment